Structure of the website "The Spanish Economy"
It is structured in several sections:
- Information channels: button bar to the left of the website. Information on: Economic Outlook, Public Finances, Public Debt, Financial Sector and Structural Reforms.
- Central content area: the centre of the homepage introduces the site and offers access to a latest update section. Select any option on the homepage to access a first level of information which in turn leads to new levels of information or links to other websites connected with the content (always in a new window and leaving the website environment).
- Homepage and navigation/results page headers: located along the top of the website. Sample: Institutional crest, site logo, website header image and site name.
- Additional menu area: at the foot of the website. Shows web utilities and tools (Legal Notice, Contact Us, Site Map, Navigation Guide, and Website Accessibility information), and web standards (WAI-AA accessibility, CSS and XHTML markup language).
The user can return to the homepage at any time by clicking on the institutional crest or on the website logo.
Technical recommendations and programmes needed to download information from the web portal
The program needed to view PDF files in the portal is
How do I know where I am?
The header content at the top of the navigation/results pages of the website shows the navigation route to the current page, indicating the channel, subchannel and title of the page.
Also, the channel chosen from the left-hand button menu will be identifiable by the font colour.
We can also use the site map, located at the foot of the page, to find our way at any time.
, shown next to the links to other websites and PDF documents, indicates that both open in new windows.
How to navigate the Ministry of Finance, Commerce and Business website "The Spanish Economy"
The Ministry of Finance, Commerce and Business is launching a new website in English with information concerning the Spanish economy which may be used by any member of the public who wishes to get a first-hand understanding of what is happening in Spain.
This navigation guide shows the structure of the information on the website "The Spanish Economy" and how to access this information, and the accessibility and web standards which it meets.
Accessibility and Standards
Continuous efforts are being made so that the pages of the website "The Spanish Economy" fulfil priorities 1 and 2 of UNE standard 139803:2004 and reach level Double-A of the W3C Content Accessibility Guidelines, in accordance with the provisions of Royal Decree 1494/2007 of 12 November, which approves the Regulation on the basic conditions of access for people with disabilities to the technology, products and services associated with the information society and social media.
The measures which have been adopted to facilitate accessibility include:
- Use of CSS 2.0 (cascading style sheets) to present information.
- Use of alt text in images.
- Links give details of their function or destination.
- Use of W3C standards: XHTML 1.0, CSS 2.0, WAI AA.
Any queries, complaints or suggestions concerning the accessibility of this website can be sent via e-mail to the following address:
To print a page of the website, use the
File menu of the browser and click on